is an application to
transfer audio samples to and from a MIDI Sample Dump-equipped
sampler over MIDI, or to and from a Roland S-760 using SCSI.
Mac OS X freeware
- Colorist (v 1.0, 28 Jan 2004) is a tiny Mac OS X color-picking app, optimized for choosing HTML/CSS colors.
- Scribe (v 1.0, 28 Jan 2004) is a TextEdit-like application with the addition of a QuickTime movie controller embedded in the window. I wrote this for a friend who had to transcribe some audio recordings of lectures.
- AliasesToLinks (v 0.1, 31 March 2003) is a Mac OS X application to facilitate creating a single folder of aliases to your desktop pictures.
Mac OS 9 freeware
- RCSControl is a
CodeWarrior version control plugin to interact with RCS running on
a Unix host. It's somewhat of a hack but I used it regularly for a
couple of years.
Version Control page (covers other version control tools for
- SuperPopup is a
system extension which provides a pop-up menu of running
applications or windows within the active application. I can't use
a (pre-OS X) Mac without it.
- FixCiv.INIT is
an innocuous (I think) system extension which fixes the fine game
Civilization to run on System 7.5.2.
Analyzer analyzes the timing characteristics of AIFF recordings
of metronomic sounds and displays statistics about the accuracy of
Jammer is an application which lets you have MIDI jams between
two Macintoshes connected via modem. There's also a mode where
multiple players can jam in a PAN conference room [ha, that's
pretty obsolete - dsw 3/23/98]. Requires OMS.
Here are various bits of code...
Gaussian blur for Python Imaging Library
Here is a patch and an extension to the Python Imaging Library
- patch to ImageFilter, to work with convolution kernels other than 3x3 and 5x5. It also mirrors pixels at the edges of the source image (not sure whether this is what's desirable).
- Gaussian blur filter. Requires the above patch.
(10 Jul 2003)
Quick-and-dirty Python code to convert OMS name documents to .midnam XML files. Theoretically supports conversion in the other direction, but that's untested.
Please note: I have not tested the name documents this program generates with either Pro Tools or Digital Performer (I use Logic). I believe the files do validate against the DTD. If you have trouble using them, please feel free to let me know, but I might not be able to help much.